Project “Life of Dignity”
In cooperation with the Swedish organization Star of Hope International, under the financial support of the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA)
To expand the possibilities for improvement of the quality of life of disabled children and young people in the Republic of Belarus through dissemination and introduction of the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
Objective 1. To disseminate the ideas of the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities among 61 member organizations of NGO “BelAPDIiMI”.
Objective 2. To improve social participation (inclusion) of children and young people with disabilities in the society.
Objective 3. To promote organization of independent living for young people with disabilities.
- consultations to member organizations and parents provided by project staff;
- publication of informational materials about the Convention, brochures and informational bulletins; making video films; coverage of project activities in mass media;
- activities to raise the awareness of people about realization of rights of children and young people with disabilities;
- study visit to Sweden for representatives of local authorities and state bodies;
- round tables, trainings and seminars with participation of member organizations, representatives of local authorities and ministries.