1. On March 2, 2011, the NGO “BelAPDIiMI” organized a charitable activity “It’s time for kind actions” in the entertaining centre “Cosmo”.
The main aims of the activity:
• To attract the attention of society to the problems and needs of children and young people with mental and physical disabilities
• To show, how easy it is to make children happy
• To inform organizations on ways of participation and opportunities of realization of joint charitable holidays and actions, which can be supported by any person who wishes to.
More than 200 people from 9 regions of Belarus and Minsk participated in that activity. A concert was given for participants. Talented youngsters from our organization (Zhodino and Smolevichi) participated in the concert.
Besides, children participated in paining master classes. Small children could visit a labyrinth; adults could participate in a bowling tournament. Sweeties were given to all the participants.
2. On March 24, a seminar was carried out in Smorgon (Grodno region) within the framework of the programme “Healing magic”. Parents together with children participated in the seminar. Participants learnt new methods of work with children with disabilities, acquired new skills of object manipulation, which affects attention and memory of children with infantile cerebral paralysis.
Participants of the seminar worked miracles by using usual objects: wooden pencils, handkerchiefs, scissors and office elastics. They got positive emotions, because their tricks turned out to be successful, though in the beginning of the seminar they seemed to be unrealizable.
Photo 4 Photo 5
3. In the beginning of March, holidays dedicated to the International Women’s Day (8 March) were organized in all the regions. Children and young people prepared presents for their mothers.
Photo 6 Grodno city
4. 10 families, which look after children with disabilities (members of the NGO “BelAPDIiMI” from 10 regions), monthly receive diapers thanks to sponsors who cooperation with our organization.
Volozhin city, Minsk region Mikashevichi, Brest region
Photo 7 Photo 8
Photo 9 Photo 10
Chausy, Mogilev region
(We are apologizing for the quality of photos: parents from the regions send photos to us and we scan them. Not all parents have computers and the Internet. That is why photos from the regions are of poor quality).
5. Financial support for purchasing of wheelchair for Zmitrovich Evgeniy was rendered. Mother is the only one who looks after a child with disabilities. Evgeniy has serious health problems. He used to spend almost all the time at home, because parents couldn’t take him outside (they didn’t have a wheelchair). Mother tried to order a wheelchair at a state orthopaedic factory, but the result didn’t justify her expectations. She had to give the wheelchair back. Thanks to the sponsors of the NGO “BelAPDIiMI”, a wheelchair was ordered in Kiev (Ukraine).
6. Cooperation with the Belarusian television in preparation for the International Child Protection Day – 4 TV novels about children from the association will be shot.
Photo 12 Minsk city
7. 120 children from different regions of Belarus received juice given by a commercial firm.
8. A 3d number of the magazine “Ordinary people” about people with mental disabilities was published. It’s being distributed in Belarus, Russia and Ukraine.
Photo 14 People, living in a residential institution (internat)
Photo 15 Workshops in Minsk city